Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Mini 110-3011sf
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good Morning HP Community,

I hope you're all right,

I'm sending you lots of positive vibes !

I would like to thank you very much for the attention and expertise that you will provide at my request.

Today, I am going to outline the request I wish to find a solution to.

I would like to improve the hardware configuration of my computer.
I am aware that it is not a very recent computer and that the means of improvement are limited or even very limited.

Having already installed 2 GB of RAM instead of 1 GB of RAM at its origin.
I also opted to put a Samsung SSD with a storage space of 1 TO.

As far as RAM memory is concerned, I tried the ReadyBoost feature because I got an error message: ReadyBoost is not enabled because this computer is so fast that ReadyBoost would not provide any added value.

I also cleaned any dust from inside the computer.

I have already consulted the product sheet of my computer... Unfortunately I don't know how much RAM memory my computer can support at its maximum.
I would like to know so that I can purchase.

The computer is equipped with a processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz, 1666 MHz, 1 core(s), 2 logic processor(s)I would like to modify it for a faster processor and to make it compatible with my motherboard.

I've already done some research about overclocking but my results show that this processor is not compatible.

Please let me know if I make a mistake, please let me know how to overclock.

I'm interested in an Intel Core i5, I'm not sure about its comparability. That's why I'm sharing my request with experts.

I would like to improve my computer to its maximum.

Please propose me the solutions that can be offered to me.

Thank you very much,

Wishing you a pleasant day,

Yours sincerely,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pikachu2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the memory.

I have checked the manual ( page number 2)

Memory One customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slot PC2-4200, 667-MHz, DDR2  Supports the following configurations:

● 2048-MB total system memory (2048 × 1) NOTE: Supported on computers with Windows® XP and Windows 7.

● 1024-MB total system memory (1024× 1) NOTE: Supported only on computers with Windows 7.

It is not possible to upgrade.

You may contact our phone support and check for the support option. 

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pikachu2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the memory.

I have checked the manual ( page number 2)

Memory One customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slot PC2-4200, 667-MHz, DDR2  Supports the following configurations:

● 2048-MB total system memory (2048 × 1) NOTE: Supported on computers with Windows® XP and Windows 7.

● 1024-MB total system memory (1024× 1) NOTE: Supported only on computers with Windows 7.

It is not possible to upgrade.

You may contact our phone support and check for the support option. 

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.