Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP — 15-bs172ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i have HP — 15-bs172ur laptop. I don't want to showdown it and want to know: have it m2?
Which type of ssd can i buy (key M or key B+m or 2.5?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The slot is present. See this:

The gold leads of the SSD plug in at the botrtom in the black thing and it attaches with the screw at the top.The gold leads of the SSD plug in at the botrtom in the black thing and it attaches with the screw at the top.

See the red rectangle. Just plug the SSD in over the top of the cables and fasten it down with the screw. All M.2 slots look the same. They have two chambers like that. A "B + M" or "M only" keyed SSD will fit in there, but in your case only a SATA, which are almost all B + M will be recognized by your system. Samsung 860 Evo or WD Blue M.2 are good choices. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

English translation here is not perfect but here is the Service Manual for that model laptop:

Manual 

There is a slot for a SATA type M.2 SSD more than likely. Since your laptop is at the low end hardware wise I am not going to guarantee the slot is present but if it is it looks like this:

M.2 slot in red circleM.2 slot in red circle

As stated, this will be a SATA M.2 likely B + M keyed. Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Ty, i find pic of my laptop and this slot look strange. M2 ssd must touch other hardware, plus slot look like slot for "m key", not nvme ssd 1920-1920.jpg

HP Recommended

The slot is present. See this:

The gold leads of the SSD plug in at the botrtom in the black thing and it attaches with the screw at the top.The gold leads of the SSD plug in at the botrtom in the black thing and it attaches with the screw at the top.

See the red rectangle. Just plug the SSD in over the top of the cables and fasten it down with the screw. All M.2 slots look the same. They have two chambers like that. A "B + M" or "M only" keyed SSD will fit in there, but in your case only a SATA, which are almost all B + M will be recognized by your system. Samsung 860 Evo or WD Blue M.2 are good choices. 

HP Recommended

thank you for help, samsung 860 evo is really good. it's a pity that i can't put samsung 970 or wd black)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.