Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello KT I have read your response to Layna regarding memory upgrade and I have a few questions.

I recently bought the 17-by0062cl and would like to increase the memory to 16GB.

I see in your screenshot and same in manual where it states "memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable".

What does this mean? (The manual shows the method to acccess the memory etc. and I assume replace)

Also - How do I know what is currently installed? My machine has 8Gb but is that 1 8Gb stick or 2 4Gb sticks?

Finally, assuming I have 1 8Gb stick and follow the instructions to acccess/install another 8Gb stick....

Do I upgrade with the DDR-2400 or the DDR-2133?

Thanks FF

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@FairwayFatty

Your machine has 2 slots of RAM and currently it has 8GB on 1 slot (8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)). Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06051096

You can add 8GB to the second slot and the best option is to buy SAME RAM stick as the existing one or use the following compatible product

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/hp-17-by0062cl/CT13106302

The manual says  "memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable" means this work is for Authorized Service Provider parts only. Doing it yourself may void warranty if something went wrong due to this upgrade.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Max RAM for your system is 32GB of DDR4 2400Mhz RAM (2x16GB) even if service manual mentions 16GB

There are two slots and at the moment you have one 8GB stick and one empty slot. You can but from your preferred brand such as Crucial, Corsair...

On page 40 of the service manual you can see the steps to upgrade RAM:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06148960

Another upgrade which would greatly improve the everyday performance of the notebook and would be more noticeable than an extra 8GB of RAM would be to upgrade to an SSD such as the M2 PCIe NVMe 970 Evo or similar.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank for the input on the SSD. Looks like the manual page 46 shows the need for aditonal parts to install.

Solid-state drive bracket L22535-001
Solid-state drive connector board L24487-001
Solid-state drive cable L22527-001

Where can you order these?

Thanks for the response!

FF

HP Recommended

BH - Thanks for the response. I bought some RAM from Newegg. Unfortunately it wasnt compatible. I searched on newegg for the CT13106302 you mentioned but couldnt find. spoke with their customer support and assured me that a crucial CT8G4SFD824A DDR4-2400 SODIMM would work. I installed today and disappoointed it did not. I found the P/N on the factory installed stick while i had the cover off and it is a 862398-855 . I entered that P/N in newegg and orderd - hopefully it will be compatible.

Thanks for your help.

FF

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.