Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
P202nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I want to buy a M2 SSD for p202nt model and I dont know is it works.Which type or model of a M2 SSD works for my laptop and should I do something on BIOS for this?Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, you are correct. The service manual does not mention dual storage.

So, since the slot is there you can install an M2 SATA3 SSD such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo, Crucial MX500 or something similar.

It will not support M2 PCIe NVMe SSD. You can get of your desired capacity.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04511833

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

I do not believe it has an extra slot for M2 SSD. So, your best choice is to replace the 2.5" HDD with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD such as the 2.5" Samsung 860 Evo or similar. It will give a great boost to everyday performance.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20190917-202904.png

 I see an empty slot for m2

HP Recommended

Yes, you are correct. The service manual does not mention dual storage.

So, since the slot is there you can install an M2 SATA3 SSD such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo, Crucial MX500 or something similar.

It will not support M2 PCIe NVMe SSD. You can get of your desired capacity.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04511833

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support I will look for a SSD like your description

HP Recommended

But If you look to the photo you can see different slot is avaiable for M2 SSD still Idont understand which type is for me.I searched samsung 860 Evo and I see different slot.I think that it is not for my laptop.

HP Recommended

I have the same notebook 15-p202nt and a few days ago i bought a corsair mp510 PCIe M.2 "M KEY" which is the same key as the laptop has. Windows and BIOS don't recognize the ssd. I cant able to advanced options in BIOS becuse it is LOCKED by HP. Did you buy any type of ssd and if you bought what happend ? And can you able to your advanced options in BIOS ?

HP Recommended

Hi @Kasım ,

First, you should not worry about keying. The slot will accept M2 PCIe NVMe SSD (which usually has one notch) and also M2 SATA3 SSD which usually have two notches.

However, only M2 SATA3 SSD will work. So something like the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or Crucial MX500 will work.

The Corsair MP510 will not work.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.