Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ax004ng HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laptop HP Omen 15-ax004ng, bought 12/2016 had a defective battery. HP Diagnostics always showed ok with capacity at less than half the should-have maximum. Suddenly the battery was completely dead.

After replacing the battery, checks did work correctly. For one month it worked fine. Then Windows steadily showed 37% battery and powered by ac power. I unlugged the charging device and worked until the machine suddenly shutdown.

Since then the battery shows either an empty symbol with a plug on the side oder the same with an x inside.

I could buy another battery an try again, but before that, I want to know, if it really is a defect in the battery or if there is something wrong on the motherboard. How can I find out?

HP Diagnostics for both battery and power supply show "cancelled" each time now.

Working on AC power is as usual and the battery has a little power.

If the mainboard does not charge the battery, that thing might still be ok and a replacement wouldn't work but cost money.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Charlene4

I have gone through your post and I understand your concerns

Since the replacement battery was working before the issue reoccurred, it's most probably an issue with the battery

But I suggest you contact HP support and check for service options to send your Notebook in for repair

After thorough checkup at the Service Center, they will replace any defective parts.

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.