Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-en0004nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,
I bought the laptop on 15th of june 2021. After, i installed win10 pro edu. Generally, i run some scripts that collect data, so i leave the computer stay open. But nearly one and half month before, my computer started to getting sleep occasionally. A week ago it went to sleep while i was working. Then i checked the windows events, there was critical battery warning. I set the critical battery action as do nothing in windows power plans. I solved the sleeping issue in this way.
But today i got critical battery notification that almost every 3-15 minutes apart. And that was starting to annoying. I traced the first critical battery event that was started on 22.10.2021. In that day, there was neither update nor installation.

My computers SKU is 267U5EA#AB8. I wonder that can somebody explain to me what can i do for that problem?
Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ferdi_ 

The only reason you are getting the critical battery action warning is that Windows is warning you that there is a set low and critical level.

Is Windows doing anything other than warning you? Is it shutting down?

Running a non Enterprise grade notebook 24/7 can have detrimental effects on the notebook, specifically the battery or the power adapter.

You can contact HP and use the warranty. If HP deems it as being an issue, the service center will replace failed hardware as it  is within the one year factory warranty period.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.