Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-F387wm (AMD Series)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am now wondering if I can possibly give my laptop's keyboard backlights, as that would make the keys easier to see. Is there other keyboards that are interchangeable, or is there a way to integrate some bright LEDs into the keyboard? I've already made the laptop CPU temperature max out at 65°C, and also made it faster with memory diagnostics testing...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is most likely not possible to install a backlit keyboard into the notebook because there are no notebooks in that series of models which had a backlight (page 16 of the service manual), so there will be no connector on motherboard for the backlight.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763999

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info. However, could I possibly modify the keyboard in a way where I could install LEDs into the keyboard by hand and then get keys that support the backlit functionality? I'll connect them by using one of the USB 2.0 ports.

HP Recommended

Which layer are the backlit keyboard lights usually located at? In the photo below, I have disconnected the top layer. Possibly there are LED layers that I can buy? I know there are LED USB cables.15559034671838474288353242058060.jpg

HP Recommended

Also, I can easily make the top layer secured with some electrical tape, but if there are backlit keyboards that are very close to the size of my laptop's keyboard, I can modify it to make it fit. 👍

HP Recommended

(This reply is to move my topic back to the top to increase chances that someone sees this topic)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.