Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-bq181no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm planning to buy Ryzen version (2500U) of this notebook but I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade RAM from 8 Gb to 16 Gb?

Also is it possible to upgrade SSD or add another SSD in this machine?

I saw someone do this to model 15-bq108ca at Youtube but I'm wondering if it's possible to version I mentioned?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Yes. The laptop has a pair of RAM slots for DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM which will downclock to 1866 speed. The model you ask about is delievered with 2 x 4 = 8 so you would have to discard both factory modules and install a pair of 8 gig modules to arrive at 16gb. 

Pages 25-33 of the Manual show the procedure. 

Red circle = M.2 green rectangle = RAM coverRed circle = M.2 green rectangle = RAM cover

The above picture shows the location of the memory slots under the cover and the M.2 disk. The hard drive is just below the RAM cover directly to the left of the battery (dark thing). 

The model you ask about comes with a 256 gig NVME M.2 which will be in the area bounded by the red circle. You can add a 2.5 inch drive (SSD or HDD) in the bay below the memory cover. You would need to order mounting hardware for such a disk as stated:

The hard drive bracket is available using spare part number 924350-001. The hard drive cable is available using spare part number 924326-001.

Post back and let us know where you live (country) and we will see if the bracket and cable are available for purchase. 

Post back if there are more questions but please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

Now i'm planning to add a 2.5 inch SSD to drive bay but i'm stuck with the parts I need ( 924350-001 & 924326-001).

Can't figure out where to purchase them in Finland where I'm living?

HP Recommended

From the HP Part Surfer web-site, if you set the "country" to USA, you can purchase 924326-001.

If you set the "country" to Sweden or Finland, it shows as "Not Available".  Sigh.

HP Recommended

Hi, please can you tell me whether there's any SSD and RAM limitations on the HP Envy 15" BP107NA ?

Also, am i right that it's the M.2 2280 NVME SSD i need? 

I also saw that you recommended the Samsung SSD, but i came across a online retailer who is selling the HP SSD for a good bargain (1TB for £99) is there any difference in the performance and reliability between the two?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Ram limitations.. The largest sodimm's Ive seen were 16gb modules.  I'm not sure HP officially supports them, but I've seen mention of people running 2x 16gb ddr4 2400 sodimms .  I can personally attest to 2x 8 working.. thats how I have mine configured.

As to disk size.. I think we're limited to size of the available disks right now.  I believe that's 2tb?  NVME is just a pcie x4 interface.. the controller is actually on the ssd so it should be good to go.  Either way.. the samsung 970 is king of the hill for speed right now.  The HP ssd's aren't as fast.  That said.. there comes a point when your biggest slow down isn't reading from disk or writing.. I have used a 1tb nvme on my desktop and have also used a 250gb sata ssd.  Boot times are comparable (most of the wait isnt reading or writing.. it's processing).. and the nvme is 3x as fast.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I would like to install a second SSD in my HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-cn0xx / product # 3VU70UA#ABA. 

I believe it currently has an 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD, and I would like to add a 2.5"/7mm SSD.

Would the same caddy and cable listed in your response above work for me? Specifically, will the following work with my machine?

hp 924350-001 - hdd caddy
hp 924326-001 - hdd cable

thanks,

~b

HP Recommended

Hello.

I want to buy HP ENVY x360 15-cn0018ur 4RM32EA. It has 1Tb HDD and no SSD. I am going to install SSD NVMe PCIe 3x4 512Gb.

Do I need any additional adapters or cables?

Or everything will be prepared for installation, I will just need to install into M.2 socket my SSD?

HP Recommended

I took this HP 2 in 1 Envy laptop into Geek Squad of Best Buy to upgrade the RAM from 8GB to 16GB. Despite the specs on the HP and other sites saying there's 2 slots to upgrade up to 32GB, they found the RAM to be soldered in with no slots, so it couldn't be upgraded. I was very frustrated, and they were surprised at the misinformation.

HP Recommended

I apologize as mine is actually a 15M-DR1011DX 2-in-1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.