Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Alrihgt, so I had bought my laptop on the 27th of last month, and now the charger is buzzing and it shocks me whenever I plug in the laptop and have it on my lap. I didn't get it wet or anything to lead up to this, and I can't afford to buy a new charger. Is it covered in the warranty?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

To the best of my knowledge, everything is considered a complete package and should be under warrantee including the battery.  I would not use the power adaptor in that condition and would contact HP Customer Service as soon as possible.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes absolutely..Just call HP Technical Support and they'll ship you a new one.

The factory warranty in HP Notebooks covers all hardware (battery warranty is only 1 year) except accidental damages. For accidental damages you can purchase a seperate warranty known as Accidental Damage Plan.

HP Recommended
I was gifted a hp notebook bought in America and I am currently living in India.My laptop charger is damaged due to power fluctuations.Can I get a new charger here in my country for the damaged one.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.