Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15t Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the HP ENVY - 15t Touch product X6W16AV. I have been unable to find a docking station that I can use to utliize my two screen set up in my home office. Does anyone have a suggestion on a docking station that I can use?

or do I even need one to take advantage of my two desk top monitors.

Sorry, I am not the familiar with all the tech stuff. Hoping to learn. Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

They don't make traditional snap down docks for HP consumer notebooks (Pavilion and Envy) any more. You have an HDMI port which will allow connection of one additional monitor. You also have a USB-C port but it is for data only not a monitor. So if you want to use 2 monitors you have to use a USB 3.0 (older connector) port replicator with a video port. 

Something like that:

https://www.amazon.com/Docking-U-Tote-Universal-Ethernet-Compatible/dp/B074DYXY7R/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8...

You can set that up as a static docking station but it will not power the laptop. I suggest a spare AC adapter to be kept where you have this port replicator and then when you bring the laptop to it connect power, usb and HDMI and have your keyboard mouse speakers (usb sound card) hooked up to this at your workstation. 

You likely will not get 3 displays working so you have to set the laptop to do nothing when you close the lid, then close the lid and just use your pair of monitors. This pretty well describes the setup I am working from right now, except I have an HP laptop that has a USB-C port that will drive video and it is a mobile workstation so I am using an HP "Thunderbolt" dock that does power the laptop. 

Post back with any questions. Please Accept as Solution if it is the Answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

This might be a similar issue, but I recently purchased a HP - 15t Laptop PC and a HP USB-C Dock G5 docking station and was not getting any display either. I imagined that the docking station was the issue, so I'm returning it. Is there an HP docking station that will display two monitors on this specific laptop? If not, what docking station would? I followed your amazon.com link and that docking station is currently unavailable. 

Would something like this also work?:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072B96243/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQVI...

Ports on the laptop include 1 HDMI port, and 2 USB ports. 

Thank you! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.