Terence4
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Keyboard backlight timeout issue - HP Pro X2 612 G2

HP Recommended
HP Pro X2 612 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem has plagued me for years. I have an HP Pro X2 612 G2 and it has a backlit keyboard. While it is possible to adjust the backlight timeout at BIOS to keep it on permanently, the setting is deactivated every time after I close the keyboard lid and open it again - the backlit will be off after a couple of seconds. I have to reboot the computer to have the permanent backlight working again.

Around 1 year ago I contacted HP staff through live chat and was told that my computer was "defective". The fact is that my wife has the same model and it also has the problem. I have waited for a fix for years but that has not happened. I have downloaded the latest BIOS.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation