Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop a little  over a month ago and the keyboard has stopped working twice in that time. Each time the HP support has told me how to fix this problem, but since it happened twice I am worried that it will be a reoccurring problem. The computer is still under warranty, so should I get a replacement or is there a way to fix or stop this from happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Maytron, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have keyboard issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard does the issue persist?

As you mentioned keys on the keyboard stops functioning correctly.

Try few steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB-wired keyboard to a USB port and restart the computer.
If a setup menu opens, use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. If these keys are working in the startup menu, but then fail when Windows loads, the problems might be related to the keyboard software.
Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Maytron, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have keyboard issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard does the issue persist?

As you mentioned keys on the keyboard stops functioning correctly.

Try few steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB-wired keyboard to a USB port and restart the computer.
If a setup menu opens, use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. If these keys are working in the startup menu, but then fail when Windows loads, the problems might be related to the keyboard software.
Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I faced keyboard not Working issue on my laptop in last few months and I was able to fix that by following the steps below.  I think the steps will hard reset the system settings.

1. Turn off the laptop

2. Remove AC power if plugged.

3. press and Hold Power button for more than 60 seconds.

4. Then, Start the Laptop as Usual.

Hope this will help you. Then you don't want to replace your keyboard.  As my point of view, this is a common issue and not a hardware fault. 

Thanks

I appreciate it if you can write a recommendation for my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/infoharshana
HP Recommended
It worked, but this does not have any logic, 😅
HP Recommended
😁😁😁👍 perfect, this is helpful thanks a lot Harshana
HP Recommended
This oddly worked for me. Thanks.
HP Recommended
My system HPCONTAINS BROADOOM RADIO MODEL BCM943142Y is KEYBOARD AND MOUSE NO, working,
But when Windows start after 2 second keyboard and Mouse is not working complaint.
HP Recommended

The simple reset procedure was successful for us.  This reset should be shared with the retailers as we have already had the same problem on three separate occasion with the retailer and HP support wasting a lot of time and money on such a simple reset!  Very frustrating for our daughter for whom we purchased this machine (Pavilion) having had no problems with Hp machines prior to this machine!. 

Many Thanks

HP Recommended

yeah. the support team must update about this issue. they don't know what should they suggest to customers in this case. 

I appreciate it if you can write a recommendation for my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/infoharshana
HP Recommended

Thanks Bro it  worked like majic

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.