Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 (2020)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop HP Pavilion 15 (2020) battery does not charge when the charger is connected to the laptop. Charger is ok! I had the same problem 6 weeks ago. Then I searched the internet and I tried the found proposed solution as described below:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

I skipped step 6  because I can't remove the battery from the laptop without fully disassemble the laptop backcover of this brandnew computer.  

At that time the described solution worked and the laptop charged again! So  I tried the same solution again  but this time it did not work anymore!  Does anyone has a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, Pavilion 15 (2020) is such a generic description that it is not useful.

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c00033108
When logged into Windows, hold down the Windows key and tap the R key. TYpe in msinfo32 and press enter. The ninth line is the SKU and the HP product number. Kindly post it in your next reply in your thread.
It would help if you took a look at the bottom of the notebook among the tiny letters and locate the ProdID.
The ProdID will enable us to determine the hardware configuration of your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The prod id is: 6VS24EA#ABH  model id: 15-cw1947nd

HP Recommended

Hi @Frans_Ver 

Have you tried gently moving the power adapter connector where it plugs into the laptop to see if that makes a difference in charging?

Is your notebook still in warranty?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.