Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598U8AV)

Laptop isn't charging. The charging indicator is blinking. The charger and the laptop are in top notch conditions with no visible damage. Laptop is still under 1 year warranty. What can I do ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dnyanesh4,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your Victus by HP gaming laptop isn't charging and the charging indicator is blinking, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check the Power Source: Ensure that the power outlet you're using is functioning properly. Plug in another device to confirm that the outlet is providing power.
  • Inspect the Charger: Even if there's no visible damage, check the charger for any frayed wires or damage to the connector. Also, try using a different power outlet or a different charger if available.
  • Reset the Laptop: Sometimes, a simple reset can fix charging issues. Turn off your laptop, unplug the charger, and remove the battery (if possible). Hold down the power button for about 30 seconds, then reinsert the battery (if applicable) and plug in the charger. Turn on your laptop and see if it starts charging normally.
  • Check for Obstructions: Inspect the charging port on your laptop for any dust, lint, or debris that may be preventing proper connection. Use compressed air or a soft brush to clean out any obstructions carefully.
  • Update Drivers and BIOS: Ensure that your laptop's BIOS and drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated software can cause charging issues. You can download the latest drivers and BIOS updates from the HP support website.
  • Run Diagnostics: Many laptops, including HP models, have built-in diagnostic tools that can help identify hardware issues. Check your laptop's manual or the HP website for instructions on running diagnostics.

By going through these steps, you should be able to diagnose and hopefully resolve the charging issue with your Victus by HP gaming laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.