1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop not running as it used to and unsure of the issue

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I brought my laptop in May of 2019 for uni work, work I needed to do on my computer for my job, and for playing games. 

I chose the laptop I wanted and needed very carefully. For a while, it worked as I would like. I was pleased with the fast speed of the start-up, how the programmes loaded, and how I could play sizeable games on platforms like Steam and Origin without issue. 

In the last few months, I have noticed if I try to play games on the laptop now it gets very hot and the fans become very loud. I have removed games from my computer because of this in case they were causing damage, although I do not understand how they could. More recently the start-up and shut down time takes far longer than before, sometimes not shutting down at all unless forced. 

I have followed advice I've been given to clear space on my computer, remove big programmes (which I do have the memory space for), and updated all the drivers I have been recommended from HP and any windows updates I can to ensure my PC is running smoothly. 

I have been doing diagnostics checks through the HP windows app and I keep being told to calibrate my battery which I have tried to do and nothing changes. 

I am concerned I need a new battery or fans but this is out of my area of knowledge. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks

J

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation