Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Spectre x360 shut off randomly in the middle of my work. I tried turning it on, but it did not boot up. I noticed when I’m plugged in to the charger. The light indicator blinks for 3 seconds then shuts off. Pressing the power button allows both the LED indicator for the power button and chargining indicator to blink for 3 seconds then shut off. Disconnecting the power cord turns off the chargining indicator, but the power LED blinks continuously for 3 seconds on and off. I don’t know what to do. Is it my motherboard that went out? Any troubleshoots I can try before? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

How about when the power adapter is plugged in?

Does it operate normally then?

Your notebook's support portal

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Troubleshooting ( select Power)
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

So when the laptop is plugging in with the charger. The charging indicator blinks continuously 3 sec on and off. When I press the power button with it plugged it, both blink on and off. While this is going, I unplugged the charger and the power light continues to blink for about 30minutes-1hour. If I don’t have it plugged in from the start, I cannot turn it on at all.

HP Recommended

The laptop does not turn on at all in any stage or circumstance. Only the lightindicators for the power and charging turn on and off when plugged in. When it’s not plugged it, I cannot turn anything on including the light indicators. 

HP Recommended

I need you to tell me what parts of the power troubleshooting as described in the HP Power troubleshooting you have done.

Only giving me symptoms without troubleshooting steps completed isn't much help.

Troubleshooting in the forum since only you have access to the notebook , must be and always has been a two way street.

Help me to help you.

List the troubleshooting steps you have done and include  the results.

You can put them in a list.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

1. Unplugging the charger. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug the charger back in. Press the power button. 

Result: Charging indicator and Power button led turn on for 3 seconds and turns off for 3 continuously. No noise no screen turning on.

2. Unplugged the battery from beneath the back cover. Let it sit for an hour. Plugged in the charger without the battery plugged in. Pressed the power button.

Result: no light indicators or anything turned on

3. Plugged the battery back in after letting it sit for an hour. Plugged charger back in and turned it on. 
result: Same as first. Light indicators on charging and power turn on and off. Did not turn on the laptop besides the light indicators flashing. 

HP Recommended

What about checking the battery by using the HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility?
That is described in the Power troubleshooting.  Post your result in your next reply.

What power/charging led reaction and colors are you seeing when you plug in the power adapter?

Is it solid white while plugged in or amber or blinking  white or amber?

You mentioned  that the LED blinking for three seconds and then on and off. 
Usually LED error codes are blinks a number of times and then repeating.
Can you count the blinks and let me knowhow many blinks before the cycle starts again?

Take a read of the document at the hyperlink below. It describes how to translate the blinks of LEDs into error diagnostics.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579/document/ish_1... 

Your notebook is at the time when I would expect a possible issue with its main battery.
I replaced the battery in my own Spectre x360-13t-ap000 notebook at about the three year mark.

Reset the Notebook's embedded controller (EC) with the power adapter disconnected by pressing and holding the power button for eleven seconds and then releasing it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.