Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@TWISBELL

@MarcusM

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

@TWISBELL

@MarcusM

Hello!  You can read my post earlier in this thread, but I wanted to mention that there is some evidence that HP is not repair this issue free of charge.  Please help other members find out if this is true....  please post back to this thread with your experiences and let us know if they fix it, and how much, if anything, they want you to pay!

Hopefully, they'll fix it for free, even out of warranty!

Thanks, and good luck!

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi, I agree, HP is profiting from this... see my blog here to see how it can be fixed, properly, with minimal effort and money... and the repair WILL last, not like HP's.

https://hpfaultyhinge.wordpress.com/

HP Recommended

@JS_JS   This is a repeat reply from your post on the other thread, but I thought I'd put it here as well......

Thanks for posting a great blog on fixing your laptop!  It is truly insightful, and will help many fix their own problem, or at the very least, come to understand the issue.     Having said that......

I now see clearly that there are multiple hinge designs, and I don't think any are worth a dime....  My HP Envy has a different design than yours.  The hinges on my version fail on the lower half of the laptop, on the keyboard side, and the screen side is left in tact.  When you view my laptop from above, like the last of the pics on your blog, you can't see the lower have at all.  On 'my version, the two halves of the keyboard side separate or  'pop' apart as something inside fails.  Also, they claim there is no replacement hinge available for a do it yourself fix. 

Great Blog Post....  Just wanted to help clarify the fact that not all these hinge issues are the same....

Keep up the great work!

Mike

HP Recommended

Thanks Omar. I reveived and have resposned to the private message. I am hopeful that HP can provide a solution.

HP Recommended

Congratulations for your post and your blog!
what did you did is more than HP is doing...
The "HP Moderators" won't resolve nothing

HP Recommended

Hi,

My HP Envy is more than 2 years old and I am also facing exact the same issue with the hinge.

Please let me know if anyone has find out any solution to this.

I have used lot of other laptops but have never seen such an issue with hinge elsewhere.

Thanks,

Rahul

HP Recommended

HP's response? I can send the computer in to them and they will repair it. Probably $200. 

Kindly, they offered to deduct 35% of the repair for this well known, common flaw resulting from their poor design. 

After three HP laptops, I guess I am done with them. It's ASUS or Dell for me for my next laptop. 

Good luck to all who find this thread in the future thinking, foolishly as I did, that it is a venue for help. 

HP Recommended

@Rahul9845

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@Rahul9845

As you can see from TWISBELL's response above, HP is handling this in the same lousy way they always have.... regardless of the hope I expressed in my earlier post.    Here is what you can expect....  you will send your information in, and they will offer to repair the laptop at full cost.  If you complain a lot, they may reduce the cost of the repair.  I had to pay $130 after 2 reductions.... originally they said it should cost $300. 

Keep in mind.... different cust. ser. reps give different information... nothing is set in stone.  So keep asking to speak to different people and keep complaining.... loudly and as publicly as possible....  and maybe you'll do better.

After paying the $130, I was still so disgusted by all this that I made a habit of posting daily to this forum, hoping to help others that had the same issue.  After a few weeks, I was called out of the blue by a senior customer service rep, who REFUNDED my repair bill.  Go figure.  

If I were to start again today, I'd make daily posts to their facebook page, hourly tweets to the twitter account, and regular posts on here.  Can anyone say "vendetta?"  I don't feel bad about it.   The worst thing I've seen from them is the flat out lie that they don't read these forums to gather information about their products.  They really said that.  They just have this giant, multi million dollar, data-generating system so we can all feel good talking to each other.  Right.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.