Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360

The left Hinge on my Hp Envy x360 is broken. I've never dropped my computer but when I opened it yesterday the left hinge fell off. A screw fell out and a piece of the computer is pushing against the screen. The laptop is out of warranty but I believe this a manufacturing Issue because the laptop was never dropped and has just been sitting on a desk.

How can I resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can you help me directly? 

You charge for phone support if the device is out of warranty.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi@RNAGY111,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the hinge assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

Can you help me directly? 

You charge for phone support if the device is out of warranty.

HP Recommended

Same issue. Told me user neglect. 7 mo. old not covered under warranty. Would fix it for $475.00😲

HP Recommended

Same exact thing happened to me just last week and it shattered my screen down in the bottom lefthand corner, also out of warranty. It's outrageous that an internal issue like this would not be covered. 

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear. Never buying another hp product.

HP Recommended

I've purchased HP products in the past and have never had a problem but I see tons of other threads on here about the same issue with this model from the past couple of years. Has anyone from HP contacted you about it since you posted?

HP Recommended

The issue was transferred to HP support but I haven’t heard anything back in a week.

HP Recommended

Ugh lovely...well good luck to you. A computer that cost nearly $1,000 should not just "fall apart" 😡

HP Recommended

I've heard back from the same person over 6 time in the last 4 months that they have "escalated my issue" to the proper department. Never hear from the "proper department"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.