Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy M6-1178sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening.

A little while ago my ethernet clip decided to break on me (the thing that holds the RJ45 in place) I have looked for hours upon hours for this little part, but with no avail. Except one. This is rather pricey when delivery is concerned as i'm in the UK and they are in Florida. I was hoping one of the experts here could point me in the right direction as to where i can get one of these. I've heard about misc item boxes for specific laptop models but found nothing for my laptop.

HP ENVY m6-1178sa

Its a used machine to say the least. Had it since 2015, i think? But it still performs as well as current tech, especially with an SSD inside. Don't plan to get rid of it until it packs up so this part would be a lifesaver. WI-FI isn't the most reliable. 

Thank you.

To add. I've purchased around 5-6 items/parts in the past from the US and 2 failed to show. The reason i'm hesitant to purchase abroad. More close to home, or Europe.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ah, the HP i know and love. Heads up for those considering to buy. Stay well clear! A few years will go by and spare parts will no longer exist for your laptop model. Not the first time this has happened. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It would be simpler if you provided the part number for the specific part. I can't see how I can help you if you do not provide the HP part number.

I live in Europe and use eBay.co.uk  / eBay.de /amazon.de quite frequently. There are many online vendors in Europe.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello Erico. I do not think a part number exists for this thing. I believe they come in something called "plastic kits" from hp. I have looked through the pdf manual for my product and couldn't see anything.

I've read through this thing twice. From my understanding, it has every part, along with a part number.

Not the part i need though

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03694820

I'd also like to add. I've also checked the spare parts section of HP's website https://parts.hp.com for my laptop model. Nothing about a "plastics kit" exists. Only a couple of items are purchasable. 1tb HDD and a power unit adaptor.

HP Recommended

Ah, the HP i know and love. Heads up for those considering to buy. Stay well clear! A few years will go by and spare parts will no longer exist for your laptop model. Not the first time this has happened. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.