Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-bs018cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

in the HP 17-bs018cl , there is a slot that can take an M.2 drive, but the drive i got for free was the wrong type so i ordered a mSATA Mini PCIE 3.0 SSD to NGFF M.2 B Key SATA Interface Adapter Card Drop and it fits perfectly except... there is a metal post on the bottom of the laptop case and can't fit because apparently this combination of wrong type of SSD with adapter card is just a little too wide/long.

what drives will actually fit with this model? that particular case support post seems to aim directly at the area where the M.2 drive attaches.

image of the drive and adapter. fits slot and reaches screw hole perfectly.image of the drive and adapter. fits slot and reaches screw hole perfectly.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ilya_s , welcome to the forum.

Here are the SSD's that Crucial Memory recommends for your laptop.  They are in the SSD section "Compatible SSD for" under "View more".

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

oh... wow. i had seen that page but never clicked "view more". i made sure to be thorough before complaining that they didn't have m.2 drives.

THANK YOU!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.