Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-f048ca
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

What is the max ram I can install in this laptop model HP 14-f048ca?

Its running Windows 7 64bit

Upon my research online for the RAM supported by the Processor A4 5000 I figured out it supports upto 16GB

But in the product page of HP, I see its mentioned the max RAM supported is 8GB only

Please clarify.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI.

This would be the maximum supported Memory

Two customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots

DDR3-1333-MHz dual channel support (DDR3L-1600 downgrade to DDR3-1333)

DDR3-1600MHz Single Channel Support Supports

8192-MB of system RAM in the following configurations

Although the manual says that its maximum supported 8GB could reach up to 16GB and more when the processor supports it, in case of doubt contact technical support:

HP - Compaq> HP-15 f048ca

Manual pag 2: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03820409

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HI.

This would be the maximum supported Memory

Two customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots

DDR3-1333-MHz dual channel support (DDR3L-1600 downgrade to DDR3-1333)

DDR3-1600MHz Single Channel Support Supports

8192-MB of system RAM in the following configurations

Although the manual says that its maximum supported 8GB could reach up to 16GB and more when the processor supports it, in case of doubt contact technical support:

HP - Compaq> HP-15 f048ca

Manual pag 2: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03820409

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

Interesting, 

How come the same processor and APU supports upto 16GB in another HP model?

For Ex: 15-f048ca supports 16GB and 14-f048ca supports 8GB.

What will happen if I install more than supported RAM in 14-f048ca?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I understand running this software on your laptop, the result would be what can expand RAM:http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/systemscanner

There are generic documents, the scanner is crucial to have your database model, we could say that there is no confusion.

Regards.

HP Recommended
Thanks. I am looking for a more technical explanation. I already have 8gb (4gb x2) installed and crucial system scanner reported there are no available upgrades.

I will be trying out a 8gb ram stick this weekend 🙂
HP Recommended

A more technical explanation, to have controversy on the matter would be that someone with the same team has checked it, I do not think the forum will give you a more technical answer.

Greetings and luck.:smileywink:

HP Recommended

So I did try out a 8GB stick along with a 4GB stick on the laptop and it turns out only 3.47GB is recognized by Windows 8.1. The rest of the RAM went to "Hardware Reserved".

Again I tried emptying one slot and boot up with 8GB RAM stick alone and the laptop just wouldn't turn screen on. 

This confirms one cannot load more RAM than mentioned on HP Product page ..lol

So much for experimenting :manwink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.