Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy X360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys 😉

I have this laptop 

HP ENVY x360 - 15-dr1000nf

Product 7SG86EA

Serial [Personal Information Removed]

It have 16Go ram but most of the time windows is at 95% of used memory (many tab on the web browser : it's for the work : no choice 😉 )

How many GB can put at the max ?

I read sometimes 64, another time 32Go

Thanks for your anwser and your help.

Have a good day.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not have an up to date service manual for your notebook's model series.  It only has the one for the older models.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Since the manual may only be good for helping you open up the notebook, I suggest you do the following to determine how much memory your notebook can support...

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and hit enter. There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

The Crucial memory report indicates your notebook can support up to 2 x 32 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | envy 15-dr series | ENVY 15-dr1000nf | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Hi Paul_Tikkanen,

Thanks so much for this anwser.

Here I am still in doubt.

Crucial indicates 64 GB and when I do the test you advised me, I have MaxCapacity 33554432 (so 32 GB)

Is this the maximum capacity per slot?

Thank you

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

I opened the laptop and couldn't find the place for memory.

Is it soldered directly to the motherboard without the possibility of increasing?

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-07 at 13.33.04.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-11-07 at 13.33.05.jpeg

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The report indicates the max memory in total, not per slot.   

2 x 16 GB of memory is what the report indicates is supported.

Where is the memory...that is a good question.

If you look at chapter 6, page 42 of the service manual, it shows the memory is exposed right above the battery.

Since that does not seem to be the case, perhaps the memory is hidden underneath that rectangular metal shield with the brown tape running across it at the bottom of your screenshot.

It looks like it would fit two memory chips under that shield side by side.

HP Recommended

Thank you for these explanations.

Indeed under the shield, it represents the dimensions of a RAM. It's because you point it out that I tell myself you're right.

But I did not dare to dismantle this part.

It must be said that I had the bad surprise when I started asking for a bios password.

Another chance that with the error code and a website, we find a code that unblocks the problem.

Finally, from a security point of view in the event of theft or loss, it's really not good.

But hey, this time it saved me;)

We keep in touch

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I think the meta memory shield is held on by clips.

You have to carefully lift the shield straight up and be careful not to cut yourself.

They don't make it easy to take things apart on these new notebooks anymore.  ☹️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.