Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba091na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to find the memory specification of this laptop - the type, maximum supported amount and how many memory slots there are. I don't have direct access to the laptop as I'm researching upgrading the memory for a friend's computer. I've tried HP Support on Whatsapp but they are incompetent. Hopefully someone here knows that actual answer (no guessing please) and is willing to share it. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, Paul_Tikkanen EXPERT Level 22 is correct about the RAM slots.

Someone is selling a 14-ba091na motherboard on Ebay and we can clearly see the two slots on the 4415U motherboard.....

Pavilionx360_14ba091na_mobo.jpg

Pavilionx360_14ba091na_ebay.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I can't find any info on this forum where someone has upgraded the memory in that model.

Here are two sources of information:

The Crucial memory report indicates the notebook can support 2 x 8 GB of memory.

HP - Compaq Pavilion x360 14-ba091na | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

The HP service manual indicates it can support 12 GB of memory (8 GB + 4GB).

c06172090.pdf (hp.com)

FWIW, if one slot can support an 8 GB memory chip, so can the second slot, so IMHO the service manual is not correct.

The Intel Pentium® 4415U processor runs the memory at 2133 MHz, but most folks will install a DDR4-2400 memory chip in a notebook like that which will automatically bridge to 2133 MHz.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I believe the maximum is 16gb but I’ve seen conflicting information about the number of slots. HP’s product spec sheet online doesn’t state how many there are and I’ve seen 1 and 2 suggested. Obviously they can’t both be right. I guess I’ll have to wait until I can open it up to be sure. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Most HP notebooks with Pentium and Celeron processors only have one memory slot, but there are some Pentium Gold processors that have two, and I believe the Intel Pentium® 4415U is one of those.

I base my opinion on the Intel processor specs for the processor:

Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4415U 2M Cache 2.30 GHz Product Specifications

There's no way that a Pentium processor in a notebook that came with one memory slot would support 32 GB of memory.

HP Recommended

Yes, Paul_Tikkanen EXPERT Level 22 is correct about the RAM slots.

Someone is selling a 14-ba091na motherboard on Ebay and we can clearly see the two slots on the 4415U motherboard.....

Pavilionx360_14ba091na_mobo.jpg

Pavilionx360_14ba091na_ebay.jpg

HP Recommended

Perfect, thanks for finding that out! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.