Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 250 g6 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can i use a 240hz monitor in 144 or 120hz mode in my laptop (i3 6006u 4gb ram model) bcoz csgo is 60fps vsync ultra stable (hdmi works? Whit integrated monitor off?)

(im selling my tv bcoz i use that just for gaming and i think 60hz is outdated for csgo gaming)

later i get a gaming rig whit omen headset

can the intel hd 520 handle 120fps in 640x480 (ultra playable) 

using acer 240hz (cheapest one on amazon using my pocket money 265€)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No. Here are the specs of the external monitor connections:

VGA (Dsub 15 pin) supporting 1920 ×1200 external
resolution @ 60Hz

HDMI version 1.4b supporting 1920 ×1080 @ 60Hz 

So you can likely crank a few more hz out of it at lower res but not sure why you would want to try to game at 640 x 480 res?

HP Recommended

Because i play at like 30 fps full res (1366x768) whit spikes 

At 640x480 i 100-120fps 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.