Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Not sure why this response needed to be sent via private message.  Please post the solution for others to see as well.  I have an HP Envy x360 and my touchpad cursor just disappeared out of the blue.  It was working fine earlier today, and I was not aware of an update having been installed this afternoon (although one might have automatically been installed).  I tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing has worked.  The touchpad doesn't show up under the Hardware tab in the mouse properties dialogue box.  How do I fix this? 

I'm getting by with the touchscreen for now, but I much prefer using the touchpad and seeing my mouse cursor.  This is super annoying for a laptop purchased just a little over a year ago.

Please HELP, HP!  

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

PS  Just looked at your configuration and it's very similar.  Same machine and same Windows 10 OS.  I've written a reply to the HP tech detailing the issue and glad to see you listed your machine details because it appears to be a common thread, which I also indicated to them.  We'll see what they come up with.

Later

David

HP Recommended

Thank you!  Please let me know if you hear of any solution that works for you.  

HP Recommended

Yes the mouse pad need to be replaced i had the same problem and once i replaced it it work but you'll have to get your hands dirty or if you need the mouse pad now just uses a wired or wireless mouse untill u have time to replace it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.