Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently got another stick of ram for my laptop. Total of 16gb. It was fine for a while and then just kept crashing. I brought it into geek squad and said both slots for the ram worked. But it just wouldn’t boot with both sticks of ram. It works perfectly with one stick. Please let me know if there is a setting that needs to be fixed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Please post your full model number or product ID found on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop so we can see what memory it supports.

Then post the model and speed of the original ram module and the same for the second ram module, Chances are they are different in speed or timings that the laptop doesn't have tolerance for.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.