Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I too have the same issue!  I thought this was going to be a good laptop when I got it.   Have had issues with both the wifi and  the battery life.  I am dissapointed in the laptop that costs $1,000.

HP Recommended

@Asaunier wrote:

I too have the same issue!  I thought this was going to be a good laptop when I got it.   Have had issues with both the wifi and  the battery life.  I am dissapointed in the laptop that costs $1,000.

I raised this issue, so I am annoyed, but I still think that the HP Sepctre is a great laptop even with this problem. The problems seem to be arising from Windows 10, so MS need to fix these problems. Unfortunately I can't roll back to 8.1. I could return the laptop, but it's too good, but I hope HP and MS really sort this stuff out really quickly.

HP Recommended

Yes I agree. Its a good laptop....I have the high end 4195dx model and I paid $1276 for it....compared to the Microsoft Surfce Book its a great deal. It doenst completely disconnect like the Surface Book and the pen support with one note isnt as good but close.

HP needs to fix this and be honest.

Alex

HP Recommended

After seeing all the posts indicating the same issue I am having, I am considering returning this thing.  I really like the UHD screen but I am considering returning it and going back to the ENVY 360 and just installing my own SSD and ram upgrade.  At least the calculator worked correctly, AND that keyboard (15.6" screen) has a dedicated number pad while the 15.6" Spectre does not.  

HP Recommended

Its indeed UNPROFESSIONAL for HP to totally IGNORE this issue......

Will think hard when I buy my next system

Alex

HP Recommended

A friend just bought a 360 Spectre I7 and it had BIOS f.2.c and it did NOT have this issue!!!

It has the battery percent showing and no hours or minutes.

It was updated by HP Assistant from C to the f.2.f level and it stayed the same.

So somehow some of these systems are showing this issue and some are not??

I am now wondering if the system board level is the issue from a SMBIOS level???

HP are you listening??

Help

Alex

HP Recommended

When I got my system, it showed "Calculating ... "

Then I updated my bios F.2F and "Calculating .. " went away, but no estimated time.

Then Windows 10 had a large update recently (week or 2 ago)  .. now the "Calculating... " is back.

:HalfEyes:

Ang

HP Recommended

Thats strange!

I tried backlevel BIOS back to C level. Sams issue.

The fact that my friend system which uas the same system board and BIOS seems to muddle this issue even more.

I was thinking there was a SMBIOS chip issue with earlier motherboards...but my friends system has the same system board listed in the specs page of the HP Assistant utility.

I did do a few resets back to day one and it didnt help...now I am wondering if I should reset just one more time??

Alex 

HP Recommended
The time estimate is still useful on a laptop because it is based on the current usage pattern. For example, if I'm watching a video, which is more processor intensive, I might get an estimate of 60 minutes. Translation: If you keep watching videos, you have an hour remaining. Then I switch to web-browsing and get a new estimate of 3 hours. Both of these numbers are useful to me.

It is insulting to assume that users aren't bright enough to figure out that battery life estimates are activity dependant. I would appreciate the ability to choose for myself.

HP Recommended
May be you can try some software like
https://batterybarpro.com/basic.php
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.