Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-ce3040ng 2019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own this notebook: HP Pavilion 14-ce3040ng 2019, germany

and it had this RAM preinstalled:

Samsung M471A2K43CB1-CTD 16GB PC4 DDR4-2666mHz Single SO-DIMM

Then I replaced it with this RAM:

G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB PC4  DDR4-3200mHz CL18 Single SO-DIMM

My notebook ist working great with the new Rjpjaws RAM but my Windows 10 64Bit shows me that it uses only 2400 instead of 3200 MHz. I went to the advanced  bios settings and found  under the memory section a huge amount of changing options. So I saw an option called "maximum frequency" and changed the settings from 2400 to 3200MHz. However nothing changed and windows still shows 2400MHz in use.  I mean the pre-installed RAM also worked  with2666MHz which is above 2400MHz but the system doesnt want to use the full 3200MHz available on my new RAM and limits it to 2400MHz.

I have an Intel i7 1065G7 CPU which also supports DDR4 3200Mhz. I also have to the newest bios update installed F.03

I need a solution for this, please help me.

Thanks in advance!3.pngIMG_20191208_201016.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Roger334 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06455213

You should ONLY use 2666MHz RAM (supported), over that number it will automatically downgrade. Have you been attending a F1 race. You can't run those cars (speed) on normal city streets.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

But why does it allow me to higher the frequency in the bios?

i have a second laptop from toshiba and i upgraded it also without problems to a higher frequency ram model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.