Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

So a couple of days ago I bought an OMEN 15 2016 with only M.2 512GB drive.

Now I want to install additional 2.5" HDD for mass storage but I noticed the laptop doesn't come with the cable which connects to motherboard on one end and to SATA drive on the other end.

I really need part number for this cable or information on where can I order one.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, request you to delete the serial number from your post as it is considered private. 

Please go through page number 34 in the manual. It provides the part number for the cable.

Hope this answered your question. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Rideen

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see you are looking for the part number to connect an additional HDD to your computer. I would like to help. 

Since you have not provided the product number of your computer. 

You can visit HP part surfer website and enter the product number of your computer and it should provide the suitable part numbers for your computer. 

Also, visit our parts store and enter the product number of your computer to check for the part numbers. 

Alternately, you can visit www.support.hp.com and enter the product number of your computer and look for the service manual. This should also provide the suitable parts for your computer along with the procedure to install the parts. 

Disclaimer: HP does not recommend you to change the configuration of the computer, you can do so at your own risk.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney_83,

Thanks for trying to help me.

Here are some details on my laptop as I could not find what I was looking for in the links provided.

Model 15-ax044nz

S/N# DELETED

ProdID X5B85EA#UUZ

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, request you to delete the serial number from your post as it is considered private. 

Please go through page number 34 in the manual. It provides the part number for the cable.

Hope this answered your question. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The cable we need is 858969-001. But where can I order one. I really need to install another drive on the laptop or I have to return it . 

HP Recommended
I am also trying to find it and am in the same situation. If I find it I will post a link here.
HP Recommended

@Rideen and wsy, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to order the SATA ribbon cable part number: 858969-001

Please follow the link to order the same: http://hp.care/2bAvpq6

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Excuse me, I want the same product to buy, but the link you provided isn't working. Can you please provide a new link?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.