Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Alright so I'm almost panicking right now since my Vitcus 16 fan left side isn't working. i have warranty but cant return it bic i live in Ethiopia and sending it back to me will get me taxed a wiping 600$ just for import YES ik crazy but this is how we live so is there any way HP can send me replacement fan because no technician have it here. Yes its dead and we checked everything and i have 7 days left till warranty expires so Please can someone help me. i use this pc for video editing and i cant even work without it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @REDCARPET69,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to have your PC fan malfunction, especially when you rely on it for your work. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue step by step.

• Check Connections: Ensure that the fan is properly connected to the motherboard. Sometimes, loose connections can cause issues.
  • Dust Buildup: Dust can accumulate inside the PC and around the fan, causing it to malfunction. Try cleaning the fan and the surrounding area with compressed air or a soft brush.
  • Fan Control Settings: Check if the fan control settings in your BIOS or operating system are configured correctly. Sometimes, they may be set to low or turned off, causing the fan not to spin properly.
  • Hardware Monitoring Tools: Use hardware monitoring tools to check the temperature of your CPU and other components. If they're running too hot, it could indicate a problem with the cooling system.
  • Replace the Fan: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that the fan itself is faulty and needs to be replaced. 

Remember to power off your PC and take necessary precautions while troubleshooting to avoid any damage.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.