Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Here's another suggestion:  Start locating every HP forum post thread for this issue and share them all to Facebook....  

HP Recommended

Spectre x360 13-4120ca

I've had the same problem. Warranty expired 31 March 2017. I've been through

- a HP Support service centre. They said "motherboard out of stock" (unit is less than 2 years old!!!!)

- HP toll free number, talked to as nice chap in India, he couldn't help

- HP "Chat" online, a nice woman (in India), couldn't help

- emailed HP, no reply

Expensive brick. Definitely not impressed.

HP Recommended

@guy15

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

@Omar-E

I've got an expensive brick too... where's my private message? It'd be nice if you helped us all instead of picking and choosing! Starting to regret my decision of buying another HP laptop when it's clearly looking as if I should've put my faith and support into a different brand all together!

HP Recommended

For those of you having trouble getting their laptop fixed, I will repost relevant info:

I was able to get my laptop fixed quickly at no charge. 

Why do some people get their laptops fixed for free and other not?

Because you have to go through the Health & Safety department at HP.

How do you get a risk manager to contact you to go through this department?

You need to stress the safety concerns you have (we are talking burning, smoking and on fire laptops here!) not just say your laptop does not work when talking to the rep that responds to you. Start you own post if needed and stress these issues. Tell your story. Mention the smoky smell that lingered in your home when the laptop failed.

Good luck to you all!

HP Recommended

I'm having the identical issue with a laptop bought May of last year. Please have someone from HP reach out to me to get it fixed. I can post pictures of where it is burned if that helps.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem! Unbelievable that HP hasn´t done a recall on this model. By the number of users with the exact same problem, this is obviously an engeneering flaw.

I bought this model two years ago and barely used it. I can say I use my laptop no more than 3x per month!

It´s very disapointing to buy a top of the line equipment, barely using it and simply see it not working without any kind of misuse.

I´m considering trashing the computer and switching to Dell or even a mac.

HP Recommended

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4022tu Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Just been through a harrowing experience of online chat with 2 operators. 1st one didnt get back to me, second one sent me a bill for $1100 Bucks! That included a discount of $500!

It is the same issue that everyone has had with the laptop not powering on and not charging. This is clearly too common and frequent. The machine is less than 2 months out of warranty. Hp Australia seem disinterested as we bought the machine in Malaysia whilst working over there. We have since moved back to Aus. For the cost of the repair I could buy a surface pro. Not good enough

HP Recommended
I tried looking for that page you mentioned but was not successful... do you have a link?
HP Recommended

I just had a similar issue. The warning for Low Battery came on, and then the computer died.  I took it Best Buy geed squad, who suggested I take it to a local shop.  Total to get it replaced will be $760.  ($760!!!)

I've tried to work my way throught the HP customer service via chat/phone without success. Several times.  Can you advise as to how to get ahold of someone to help me and how to get this resolved without paying $760 just two months out of warranty?

Thank you-

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.