Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

The part I quoted is from the Manual too. It clearly says the installed 1600 memory downclocks to 1333 in Celeron and Pentium models (like yours). You can't read only the parts you like. You are wasting your time with the BIOS. Keep the newer BIOS. Done here.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer on the mems.

As far as the SSD performance, further investigation with SiSoftware Sandra verified the motherboard Sata bus to be Sata II (300 read/write max).  So the 270/270 read/write is in the ballpark.

HP Recommended

Exactly. It is a budget system. Even with SATA-II I might expect a bit better but not going to reach 500 mbps.

HP Recommended

Even with the Sata bus restriction and the mems restriction, the performance compared to the 5400 HDD is stellar with the SSD, just not outrageous.   As far as mems goes, more is always better...

Yes, I know it is a low end unit, but it is only used for studies.  The wait time to fire up the nursing apps has been greatly reduced and the boot times are significantly reduced. 

HP Recommended

I'm sure it is vastly better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.