1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Power Issue

HP Recommended
hp specture 360 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I need help my laptop was dropped and since then I was unable to power my pc on. After replacing the power connector on my laptop I was able to charge it but the indicator lights are not lighting up. If I wait a day or two and turn on the laptop the power comes on but if it is plugged in, it is not showing or picking up a charge from the ac adaptor. This is on the new power connector. 

So I then ordered in a new battery for the laptop, installed it. With the new battery it still is not picking up the AC adapter. So I ran a battery check on the HP site and it says the battery is fine but it was not plugged in. Even though the laptop is plugged into the charger. 

Then I got a new charger. This is also not displaying as being charged while plugged in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the battery drivers and still my laptop will not pick up the charger. 

The odd thing is, when I turn off the laptop and plug it in. It still charges but slowly (even with the new battery) and still I do not get any indicator lights showing that it has charged or is charging. 

What can I do? Again, the charger, power connector and battery are all new. I suspect this is a software issue. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation