04-05-2013 01:38 AM - edited 04-05-2013 01:42 AM
I will buy a ProBook 4540s (Intel i5) very soon.
At a lot of places on the Internet, it had been mentioned that it supports upto 8GB DDR3 RAM. But, on a details page at HP site, it had been mentioned as "16GB". So, I'm a bit confused here, though I guess that it might be 8GB. I want to know about this for sure.
Solved! View Solution.
04-05-2013 03:56 AM
Please find the link given below might help you. Unit support 16GB Memory it has 2 slots Each slot can hold 8GB stick.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
04-05-2013 08:57 AM
Yes, it does supports 16 Gigs, however the performance degrades as the 16 Gigs are enabled. I downloaded and upgraded the latest BIOS sp60202 and still having performance issues. Is there a new BIOS update or something we can do.
04-05-2013 09:40 AM - edited 04-05-2013 09:43 AM
@davegu1: Thanks for the reply. :)
I'm wondering, if it supports upto 16GB, how there could be a decrease in performance after upgrading RAM. Explanation from anyone would be great.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot