Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop 16-n0000 (63B17AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi there, i want to ask you about upgrading my Omen 16 laptop. I want to buy bigger ssd, so it's good question for me. Also is it possible to install 2 nvme ssds at the same time? And can i save factory warranty after upgrade, or i will loose it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

There is a single M.2 slot. Replacement/upgrade of the M.2 SSD is covered in the "customer self-repair" section on p. 32 so you do not jeopardize the warranty by doing it. To have more space you need to replace the existing SSD with one having larger capacity. It can accept anything you can find on the market. 2 TBs are common and 4 TBs can be found. Good luck. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

There is a single M.2 slot. Replacement/upgrade of the M.2 SSD is covered in the "customer self-repair" section on p. 32 so you do not jeopardize the warranty by doing it. To have more space you need to replace the existing SSD with one having larger capacity. It can accept anything you can find on the market. 2 TBs are common and 4 TBs can be found. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Sorry for disturbing, but there is only 1 slot in this laptop or 1 free slot for it. As i understood, this laptop has 2 slots for ssd, one left and one on the right side.

HP Recommended

Page 38 is an image of the motherboard and seems to show a second M.2 slot on the right. However, the actual specs and instructions do not mention it. I recall a recent question from a User who opened his (not 100% sure it was your same model series) and found no M.2 slot on the right side. HP Manuals are capable of being wrong. The best thing to do is follow instructions to open the back and see if you have that slot. Move your SSD to it if you do and see if the machine boots to see if its active and you can add a second SSD. Unlikely they would put a slot there and have it be inactive, however. Experts do not work for HP so the Manual is really our only source of technical information. Don't get me started. Good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.