Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 2000-2209TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have "HP 2000-2209TU" with window 7-32 bit. I have installed another RAM of 4 GB DDR3 but properties of my notebook still show (2.65gb usable)

what is the reason behind it and can I increase the Ram as of now my system is running on 2 gb.

Could you please let me know the exact RAM to be used for  my system!

Thanks!

Tarun Adhikari

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @Tarun6 

32bit system have a max memory of 4GB.

32-bit Windows has an address space of 4GB. Part of that is used by system BIOSes and graphics memory. With a 256MB graphics card about 3.3-3.5GB of RAM can be addressed and used, assuming you have 4GB fitted. If you fit a graphics card with 1GB of memory only about 2.6-2.8GB of the RAM would be addressable and usable.

REO

HP Recommended

@Tarun6 

Any update???

To help others please mark my post " Accept as Solution " if it solved your problem.

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.