Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello!

So I bought used laptop from my friend and since I find it good for gaming I realized I need more storage, but whoud like to have some more RAM but can't find any manuals for this model.
So basically I am not shure what kind of M.2 shoud I use, what kind of HDD/SSD shoud I use and what is maximum RAM capacity for this laptop, so I came here,

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The notebook supports 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 CL22 memory.

The notebook supports NVMe SSD's.

You can go up to 4 TB if you want as long as the SSD is single-sided.

The NVMe slot is PCIe Gen 3.0.

Unfortunately, HP only has the service manual for the 15-ec0xxx model series but it should be of some help with taking apart the notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

HP Recommended

There is slight problem, I can't find slot for M.2 SSD

20240503_210705.jpg

HP Recommended

That is very interesting...

The product specs indicate that it came with a 512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2027nm Product Specifications | HP® Support

The NVMe drive is probably underneath the right side of that black plastic covering on the bottom left side of your screenshot.

The memory is probably underneath the left side of that black covering.

Replace the M.2 Solid State Drive | HP Pavilion 15z-ec000 CTO | HP (youtube.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.