Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1065nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have owned my HP Omen for a little over 2 years now. I want to upgrade the RAM as it only has 8GB Samsung default rams (ddr4, 2667mhz) installed.

As I'm a total newbie in hardware, I turn to you.

Which rams are compatible with my laptop and what's the maximum capacity I can install?

If someone could suggest which RAM and how much to get, that'd be lovely (I was thinking of adding 16gb atop the 8gb currently installed).

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

YOu can have up to 64GB of installed memory

Here is a source for purchase from a well known manufacturer on their Europen web document

https://eu.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-omen-15-dc1065nw

Don't add to the existing memory. You could find that only one module is recognized as being present. Replace the modules as a pair of identical, guaranteed compatible modules for best upgrade success.  That way you will get it right the first time instead of being frustrated and having to return memory modules.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.