Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ac618TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I could not upgrade my ram currently 4GB want to upgrade to 8GB - I bought two new 4GB ram  DDR3 written on my notebook box when I first bought it... when I opened the back cover to do the upgrade I found 4GB ram which is a DDR3L (1.35v) and inscribed on the ram holder is 1.5v DDR3 I was confused I bought 2 DDR3 Sodimm 4GB and installed it the computer wouldn’t boot up ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I guess they still had some memory slots in stock that said 1.5 volt but that is not right....it needs DDR3L 1.35 volt memory or will not boot up as you are seeing. They assume only HP techs are ever going to see the motherboard. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The required memory is definitely DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. Please tell us exactly the product you purchased and are trying to install. You only needed one more 4 gb module to have 8 gigs. The max would be 2 x 8 = 16 gigs. A picture of what you bought and what you found already installed would be great. 

HP Recommended

3822CECF-FC53-4D52-84D5-1BC2D28253B7.jpeg

 this is the original ram that came with the laptop - laptop is a i7 65000u if you zoom in you will see that it is stated on the rams compartment - inscribed as DDR3 1.5 V which I bought and installed it didn’t work ! 

HP Recommended

image.jpg

 This is what I bought 

HP Recommended

DA030466-2B73-410B-9050-8D5F75C42B41.jpeg

HP Recommended

I guess they still had some memory slots in stock that said 1.5 volt but that is not right....it needs DDR3L 1.35 volt memory or will not boot up as you are seeing. They assume only HP techs are ever going to see the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

The HP tech had seen this computer several times HP service center and they could not

have missed it ! They were full of denial and deceiving lot or mediocre Technicians hires by HP shame on them the techs from HP singapore what a joke ! I had to go back and forth with them all these years the laptop was sitting on my shelve I hope they will realise that I was telling them the truth. 
RE: Re: HP CASE:5026820363 CRM:0036807002870 Never solved the problem bcos they had known that the ram ID was wrong and the ram was a wrong ram  that came with the new laptop !  

HP Recommended

Case number: 5038352838 Product Description: HP Notebook - 15-ac618tx Product Number: T9G12PA Serial Number: CND5522QXW Case Subject: SG/OOW/HP Notebook 15-ac618TX ALL/SLOW PERFORMANCE ISSUE Problem Description: Portal Case URL: N/A
 Sorry am really frustrated - sent emails to HP Singapore and spent hours on remote troubleshoot all to no avail . Thanks for your time and efforts HP should compensate me for all this time since I had the computer ! ??

HP Recommended

everyone who has a problem with their device laptop or computer have a tech look at the inside of the computer  to properly diagnose what is actually going on ! 

HP Recommended

I have no access to the HP Case system. Are you saying an HP Tech told you to buy the 1.5 volt memory? I have also seen slots like that but know to look at the Service Manual to tell what kind of memory to install. You do not rely just on something printed on the motherboard. Also if you have any experience you know what memory is needed based on the processor and other features of the laptop. It's pretty basic stuff. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.