Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello, sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured it was better than making a new one. What size screws are used for the gpu and cpu heatsinks? I can't find anything about it in the manual or online. It just says they are captive. I have this motherboard (Part #: 702177-501) and im going to put it in my  m6-1205dx as they are interchangeable. I just can't find the extra screws for the gpu. I can reuse the CPU ones from my current heatsink.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @stepheng273, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know the size or screws to replace GPU and heatsink on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

I have checked the specifications of your laptop and the screws used in GPU and heat sink should be PM2.5×5.0.

However, since the maintenance and service guide of your laptop does not specify the exact screws on GPU and CPU.

I would suggest you order a screw kit which should include all the screws for your laptop.

Please find the part number for screw kit listed below.

Screw Kit 686924-001

You can buy the part from HP parts store using this link.

Also, you can refer the maintenance service guide of your laptop for more information.

Let me know if this works.

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @stepheng273, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know the size or screws to replace GPU and heatsink on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

I have checked the specifications of your laptop and the screws used in GPU and heat sink should be PM2.5×5.0.

However, since the maintenance and service guide of your laptop does not specify the exact screws on GPU and CPU.

I would suggest you order a screw kit which should include all the screws for your laptop.

Please find the part number for screw kit listed below.

Screw Kit 686924-001

You can buy the part from HP parts store using this link.

Also, you can refer the maintenance service guide of your laptop for more information.

Let me know if this works.

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ok. Thanks! I wasn't sure if the screw kit would come with the screws for the GPU heatsink since my computer didn't come with one.
HP Recommended

@stepheng273, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for getting back to us.

Screw kit would include all the screws required for the laptop. So heatsink GPU screws should also be included with the screw kit.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.