Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15s-fq1003na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I am trying to get hold of a new battery for my HP 15s-fq1003na notebook (third in 4 years as previous ones have become weak too quickly and died!), but am having difficulty either finding the relevant part on the HP website, or indeed contacting HP UK by telephone or normal email (not Whatsapp),.   Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your 15s-FQ uses part number L11119-855 which is the HP HT03XL battery

Disassembly video is here

Search engine shows $15 - $55 price range.  I did not see anything bigger than a 3 cell

Please run the battery report and post the summery
you run the battery report by bringing up the administrator command window and running

powercfg/batteryreport

as shown below

After entering that explorer line you should see something like the following. You will have to click on it as it is long
http://stateson.net/docs/SP4_battery-report.html
You can use the WindowsKey + shift + S to copy and paste a small image if you want.
Battery should last about 5 years but less for gaming systems.  Your 3 in 4 years is not right.  Have you done a battery calibration?

Check your power plan for the power button and makes sure the laptop turns off instead of just sleeping.   If you do not have it plugged in the battery will run down when sleeping.  In the below picture it should be either "Turn off" or "Hibernate"

BeemerBiker_0-1712751024486.png

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for the speedy response and info. (I'm in the UK by the way).  I've checked the settings etc and all seem ok.  I had to have the battery replaced under warranty previously - and they agreed the battery was nor performing as it should have been,  Warranty has run out of course!

Ah well. I'll have to re-check as suggested, and persevere.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.