1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

SSD not recognised after bluescreen

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 430 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

I have a severe problem with my Intel SSD of my HP ProBook 430 G5. After a bluescreen in Windows 10, it was not able to boot my Laptop up again. In the UEFI the SSD had only been recognised with a capacity of exactly 1 GB (1024 MB), whereas the capacity is 256 GB.

I took the SSD out of my Laptop and put it as a second storage into my PC. When I checked in Windows under Computer Management -> Disk Management, the SSD also shows up with 1 GB and I am asked to initialise the disk…

01.png

Also, the app “Intel rapid storage technology” recognises the SSD only with 1 GB.

03.png

All data recovery programs I have tried so far were not even able to do anything with the SSD.

When I do initialise the SSD with Windows Disk Management, the SSD shows up as a 2 TB “GPT Protective Partition”.

04.png

However, data recovery programs also could not do anything with that…

When I restart the PC, the SSD is again shown as an uninitialised 1 GB disk.

So my question is, if anyone here has experienced anything remotely similar or has suggestions how I can proceed further. When I was dealing with disk problems, at least the correct size was recognized, but I have never experienced anything like that before…

It seems to be related to this problem: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05905184

However, I did have the most recent firmware installed.

Thank you so much!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation