Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15m-ds0012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m-ds0012dx notebook, in which I would like to add a second SSD. I have upgraded a main NVM-e SSD already, but I would like to add another one. I have been searching many resources on the internet, and I haven't found any answer related to this issue for this exact model. By looking inside the notebook I concluded it is not possible to add a secondary SSD, either NVM-e or 2.5 SATA. There is no room to add anything, since the battery takes most of the space. I still hope there is a way to add it. Does anyone know? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 1 of the service manual, there is no option to add either a 2.5" drive or a second M.2 SSD.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for...

If you need more storage capacity, I suggest you replace the 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD with one having a larger storage capacity.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 1 of the service manual, there is no option to add either a 2.5" drive or a second M.2 SSD.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for...

If you need more storage capacity, I suggest you replace the 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD with one having a larger storage capacity.

HP Recommended

Thought so. Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.