Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Dev One Notebook PC Model
Linux

Hi all -

I have an HP Dev One Notebook PC Model running Pop!_OS. It's running great as advertised and I do like it a lot.

As a computer enthusiast I am used to having a full manual and I am unable to find any place to download a manual of any kind. Links on HP's site that suggest they might go to a manual seem to lead to the main sales site where there is only a quick guide available. Anyone have any info on this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TimOly 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Update -

HP Dev One 

This system type and the PopOS are a new offering available through HP (USA) -- very cool -- "separate" from our other HP products.  The HP support teams might be 'up to speed' on the setup, else go ahead and use the proffered email support option found at the Dev One Support website.

Excerpted From the HP Dev One - FAQ

"What is Dev One?"

HP Dev One is a new laptop from HP in collaboration with System76 and AMD. HP Dev One brings together premium hardware with open-source Pop!_OS and a fully integrated AMD CPU to deliver optimal performance. Intentionally designed with the right specs for productivity, battery life and a display to work in different locations, and a customizable OS for an efficient workflow.

============================================================

Original Content

At this writing - True - the Product search takes us to the Sales / Overview page.

That said, there is -- in the Support tab on the page --  Contact information.

Assuming you have your serial number (to NOT post that here) - you might be able to simply create and submit a case to HP Support.

I will also forward this very interesting result to our moderator team for Review.

Request for Review – Please Read

A request has been submitted to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is a peer-to-peer user group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support -- We are not associated with HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not guarantee HP will respond nor does our request influence the outcome.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.

Important

• Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
  • Please do not post any personal information in the Community.  We are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

OK, just did a support ticket. The first time I tried I got a chat-bot one that reported it could not help me and dumped me back out! But I did it right and if I hear anything will report here.

I do know that this is a user's forum, just thought someone else might have figured it out!

Thanks, Tim

HP Recommended

@TimOly 

You are welcome.

That I don't have experience with this device  means little.

There are thousands of people coming through the Community every month --

Perhaps one of our members will get back to fill in the blanks and help out..

If no one does so, our comments here will lead the way, I guess.

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Got a quick reply from Support.

They sent me a link to a manual for a machine that is the same except with Windows; that gives me the internal stuff I need (memory, SSD, etc.). The link was faulty but I figured it out and the corrected one is below.

The support person, Shawn, said  "You will see references to Windows and the HP EliteBook 845 G8 Notebook PC, this is simply what the HP Dev One chassis was based off of. Location of parts and screws etc...  is identical (mostly) to Dev One."

http://www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07067671.pdf

Thanks, Tim

HP Recommended

@TimOly 

Excellent - Nice that support responded so quickly.

For those reading:  EliteBook 845 G8 Notebook PC 

HP Business class machines typically include field repair options, additional access to the BIOS, a general upgrade in materials, long life batteries, and a longer standard hardware warranty.

Happy Computing.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.