Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Today my Spectre x360 shut down abruptly. I connected the laptop to AC Adaptor and the laptop started to boot however I realized that the led near the AC Adaptor port started to light up white instead of orange (the white light does not blink like many other people). At the right side of the taskbar, the battery percentage says that the battery is fully charged however as soon as I disconnect the AC Adaptor the laptop shuts down and it does not boot until I reconnect the AC Adaptor. I know that the battery had some issues since the device was powering down when the battery indicator was at around 30%. To detect the problem I ran "HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" and did both battery and AC Adapter tests however the system did not find any problems. The battery is detected and I managed to calibrate the battery as well (I had to try battery calibration few times since the program said that battery calibration was not supported however I managed to calibrate it successfully after a few attempts.) I took apart the laptop and checked the battery connections all the pins connecting the battery to the motherboard look fine however I realized that the battery is a little bit swollen. Right now my Spectre x360 works perfectly while connected to AC Adaptor however as soon as I disconnect the charger the laptop shuts down. What can I do to solve this issue? Would it be enough to change the battery itself?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mert27

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please reinstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and check if that helps

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please restart the Notebook

Next update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists run a Battery Test again to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

If the issue persists I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Thank you for your advice, the first solution that you suggested seem to not work and with the second suggestions I got these two reports from the battery test WhatsApp Image 2021-03-14 at 16.17.20.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-03-14 at 16.18.29.jpeg

I opened my laptop last week and saw that some parts of the battery were swollen quite a bit. I believe that somehow the battery itself malfunctioned. I would like to get help from my regional service however since I am using a Spectre x360 15 that was never available in my country they never fixed my product even when it was under warranty. According to the battery test "If the system cannot power on without AC power, please replace the primary battery." I am planning on ordering an official replacement part that I found on eBay. Since the battery itself is only 50 dollars and since it is very easy to swap the batteries of this device I will just hope that the problem will be solved when I swap the battery.

Thank you for your fast reply and your efforts.

Mert27

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

Drop us a message anytime you need help ☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.