Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP USB-C Dock G5
Microsoft Windows 11

When the notebook is connected to the thunderbolt dock hp g5 everthing works fine except if i start a game and the graphik card switches to the nvidia rtx4050, then the thunderbolt connection get very unstable. is this an issue, does everyone else have the same troubles?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hmm. Most people  have to attach a laptop to the dock.  🤔  Your dock must be special.

When you do not identify your desktop or laptop PC, you tie our hands behind our backs. 

When logged into Windows, hold down the Windows key and tap the R key once.

That will open the Windows run dialogue

Type in msinfo32 and press enter.

The ninth line  in the system summary list on the right hand side is the SKU and the HP product number. Kindly post it in your next reply in your thread.

The System SKU/Product ID will enable us to determine the hardware configuration of your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi

The SKU is 9E329EA#UUZ

The connection just works if im using it in normal cases like office or surfing in the internet.

Even if i start a game wich need a lot of performance i got the issue with the connection.

the thunderbolt dock has a 120w power supply.

HP Recommended

I do notice that your HP Spectre x360 Laptop 16-aa0799nz (9E329EA) isn't a gaming laptop.

Which graphics solution do you have selected?

Is it the processor on-die or discrete graphics?

If it is the processor's on chip solution, you may be asking too much of your laptop's graphics solution.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

For gaming i always chose the rtx4050 on the notebook.

on my old spectre x360 i didnt have trouble with gaming on it with the dockingstation.

i tried to change the dockingstation but every dockingstation had the same troubles.

HP Recommended

Have you updated the graphics driver to the latest available at the laptop's driver download web page at the HP Support portal?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-spectre-x360-16-inch-2-in-1-laptop-pc-16-aa0000/model/210171...

HP Recommended

the drivers are up to date, directly from nvidia, downloaded with the geforce experience tool from nvidia.

i saw on the windows information that theres a adress conflict with the nvidia graphic card an the pci express port, could this be the reason for the connection issues?

HP Recommended

I suppose that is a possibility.

HP Recommended

Its not the reason for the issue =( its normal, the geforde and pci bridge use the same adress

i reinstalled the pci bridge drivers and geforce drivers, deleted them from the systemconfiguration and reinstalled the drivers, no changes. then i saw in an other forum its normal that some devices uses the same adresses specially the nvidia and the pci express bridge.

im running out of ideas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.