Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy - 17t-ae 100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP Envy Laptop 17-ae1xx ( HP Envy - 17t-ae 100 CTO )
Product Number: 1WC56AV

Windows 10 home 64-bit Version: 19041.450

Hello. This laptop was purchased in Feb of 2018. I need a triple display dock to connect my 3 external displays. Please advise me on what product will help me accomplish this. I also have 2 external drives and a microphone. If one dock can be used for all devices that would be wonderful.Please advise. i await your reply.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wensy1357 

Your machine does not have docking port but it has few USB ports

USB type A 3.1 ports on Unit:
   3 (2 on the left side; 1 on the right side)
   Support HP Sleep & Charge (1 on the right side)

USB type C 3.1 port Gen 1 on Unit (left side):
   Support data transfer
   Support Display Port (DP1.2+ HDCP 2.2 supporting up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz)
   Support HP Sleep & Charge (without BC 1.2)

f you wish to have 3 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total  4), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few options on market today including some HP products:

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Wensy1357 

Your machine does not have docking port but it has few USB ports

USB type A 3.1 ports on Unit:
   3 (2 on the left side; 1 on the right side)
   Support HP Sleep & Charge (1 on the right side)

USB type C 3.1 port Gen 1 on Unit (left side):
   Support data transfer
   Support Display Port (DP1.2+ HDCP 2.2 supporting up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz)
   Support HP Sleep & Charge (without BC 1.2)

f you wish to have 3 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total  4), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few options on market today including some HP products:

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response.

Does my laptop have DP Alt Mode?

HP Recommended

Will either of these work with my laptop? Dell Universal Dock - D6000, or SIIG JU-DK0B11-S1 USB-C Triple 4K Video Docking Station.

I found them on the link you provided me. I thank you for that. Please let me know which one of these is better.

HP Recommended

I know you're busy. I had asked you which of two models (docks), I had selected would be better. You did not respond so I purchased a Dell D6000. It works excellently so far. I don't know how, but it reduced overall power consumption of my CPU. How is that happening? I am not concerned with that but it is a pleasant surprise.

Thank you very much for your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.