Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0106au
Microsoft Windows 11

It's happened to me as well...  The dreaded UCM-UCSI fault.

So far I have:

- uninstalled and reinstalled the device

- uninstalled and reinstalled all system USB drivers

- manually installed alternative UCM-USCI drivers (didn't work either)

- attempted to rollback the firmware update (will not allow me to rollback prior to F.21)

- did a fresh reinstall of the F.21 firmware

I cannot think of anything else to do, and I cannot find F.15 or F.19 firmware versions to try and force a rollback and clean F.21 reinstall.

At my wits end.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FatherJack82

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting UCM-UCSI ACPI Device Error 43, I am glad to assist you.

• Unplug your charger from your laptop.  
  • Open Device Manager (Use Task Bar search by typing Device Manager).
  • Go to the USB Connector Managers and then hit drop down so UCM-UCSI ACPI Device appears.
  • Right click over UCM-UCSI ACPI Device and hit Uninstall Device (If an option saying Delete with a check box appears next to it DO NOT check/tick the box! We only want to uninstall it not delete it!) Confirm the uninstall when it asks.
  • Shut down and switch on your laptop/computer, don't restart as it doesn't work just doing that (Make sure to leave your charger unplugged)
  • Go to Device Manager again and check if issue has resolved. If it has then you can 

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

Encountered the same problem and this solution di not work for me. IS there anything else that I could do to resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. UCM-UCSI ACPI Device Error 43

removed, shut down restarted but not fixed. I have no USB c/thunderbolt connectivity. unable to connect with HP dock.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey,

I tried all the methods people were listing on the internet but none of them worked. I think the glitch was corrected in the next update. Everything started to work the next day.

So sadly no immediate solution, just to wait it out. 

Best of luck!

HP Recommended

I would like to add, unplugging all USBC devices before shutting down and reconnecting them after signing in had better results than doing it whilst leaving them connected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.