cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

USB-C (3.1) port only registering w. USB2.0 speeds on HP Pavilion Power notebook/laptop (15-cb011no)

HP Recommended
Pavilion Power 15-cb011no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am connecting a Logitech StreamCam to the USB-C port on my Pavilion Power notebook from 2017. The computer has 1xUSB-C (USB 3.1 Gen1) port and 3xUSB-A (USB 3.1 Gen1) ports. I have had the laptop for 3 years, but this is the first time I am using the USB-C port, so I don´t know if it has been like this since I got the computer.

My issue:

When connecting the Logitech StreamCam to the USB-C port, both OBS Studio (capture/streaming software) and Logitech´s own "Logitech Capture" software tells me the maximum quality is 1080p30fps (the cam is supposed to max 1080p60). In addition, Logitech Capture gives me a popup message saying "Frame rate limitation - Please plug your Logitech StreamCam into a USB 3.0 port to record in 60 frames per second", even though the camera is connected to the USB-C [supposedly] 3.1 Gen1 port.

I have checked with the software USBTreeView, and it tells me that the connection on the USB-C port is USB2.0 only. I have tried to connect an Elgato HD60 S+ to the same USB-C port, with the same result: USBTreeView tells me it is only connected at  USB2.0 speeds. When I connect the Elgato to one of the USB-A ports on the laptop, it connects fine at USB3.0 speeds.

Both devices work fine at USB3.0 speeds on my other laptop´s USB-C port, so there is nothing wrong with the devices.

I have checked and/or updated all drivers, BIOS, and Windows Update. I don´t know what else  to try. Any help is much appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation