Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop already has installed RAM of 8 GB, wondering if that can be upgraded further?  This is a HP Pavilion Notebook

Device name DESKTOP-SI4CB1V
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)
Device ID EA8C4E0F-5148-4BD4-9F0F-F72AA1E5C910
Product ID 00327-30366-83505-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎07-‎09-‎2020
OS build 19043.1415
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @GC78 

Yes. You can upgrade the memory.

It has been reported by other members that it can be upgraded to 32 GB, but Crucial Memory only guarantees an upgrade to 16 GB.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/pavilion-15-ab516tx

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Erico!  if you have any inputs on what type of RAM etc., I should get please let me know, or otherwise, thanks nevertheless!

Regards

Girish

HP Recommended

HI @GC78 

You are quite welcome. The hyperlink I provided in my previous post does give show examples of guaranteed compatible DDR3L-1600 SDRAM for your laptop.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.